A deployment and outsourcing strategy future-proofs technology and aligns skeptical stakeholders.
Our multinational specialty chemical client was migrating from a Lotus Notes platform to a Microsoft platform, but the organization had limited outsourcing experience and faced internal resistance.
Imagining IT Differently
ISG ran the decision process, considering whether to deploy the Microsoft platform on-premises or via private or public cloud. After the private cloud solution was chosen, ISG supported the RFP process, which led to a contract with a Tier 1 service provider.
Future Made Possible
- Actual savings of $18,000,000, vastly higher than the original target of $4,000,000
- An agreed set of objectives aligned stakeholders and kept internal delivery team on board
- Clear outcomes and a realistic view of the business potential from the decision making process
- Like-for-like RFP process led to a contract with one provider
- All deadlines met
- Competitive pressure in the RFP process led to an improved business case that exceeded client expectations